This Chinese stir-fry uses a range of mushrooms, making it a dish packed with protein and Vitamin D which we need for our moods, and also helps the body absorb calcium, making it an essential nutrient for bone health.
VE, GF (if opting for gluten-free noodles)
1 × 270 g packet dried soba noodles (if you are gluten-free look for buckwheat options)
2 tablespoons sesame oil
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1 green chilli, seeded and finely chopped
1 bunch snake beans, thinly sliced
2 bunches Chinese broccoli, chopped
100 g oyster mushrooms
200 g enoki mushrooms
200 g shimeji mushrooms
200g shiitake mushrooms, halved or quartered
½ cup tamari
Chinese five spice
¹∕³ cup roasted cashew nuts fried shallots, to serve
1. Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large wok, add the garlic, chilli and snake beans and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
3. Add the Chinese broccoli and mushrooms and cook, tossing frequently for 5–7 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender and lightly browned. Add the tamari and Chinese five spice.
4. Add the drained noodles to the wok and toss over the heat for another minute until combined.
5. Sprinkle with the roasted cashews and fried shallots and serve.