When it comes to living a healthy life – we simply need to set boundaries. We are living in a chaotic non stop world. It is rare to meet a person who isn’t complaining of fatigue and burnout.
Rest is considered indulgent and hard to attain. Caffeine is our best friend. We are hyper connected to social media and technology – like never before. We are sleeping less and when we do have a moment to switch off and rest – we scroll our social media feeds instead. This is a recipe for burnout and adrenal fatigue.
Here are some tips that help me and my community avoid adrenal burnout:
- Stick to one coffee/day – before 10am if possible.
- Go into Stress-Free Zone daily: Spend 20-30 minutes without any technology. That means putting away the phone, laptop, television etc. and going for a walk in nature, reading a book, meditating or just simply resting.
- 8 hours of sleep per night should be a priority.
- Switch off technology and social media by a certain time. I switch off by 6-7pm every night. This changed my life and stress levels.
- Set up a healthy nighttime routine/ritual (you can find my full nighttime routine in my online Program)
- JSHealth Eating – eating a nutrient dense diet gives you the energy you need to get through a busy day and helps regulate blood sugar levels throughout the day. This means lots of veggies, low-GI carbohydrates (quinoa, brown rice, sweet potato), good-quality organic proteins, organic dairy or healthy dairy alternatives (coconut yoghurt, almond milk) and so on. You can find lots of delicious, healthy recipes on my blog.
- Have a social media free day: Sundays’s are good for this – such a relief to switch off and engage with family and friends instead!
- Say NO to social arrangements when you need to rest.
www.jessicasepel.com | @jshealth
A nutritionist on how to boost your immunity for winter
Anti-inflammatory foods, explained
3 nutritionists on their favourite protein powders
Jessica Sepel’s 5-Ingredient Matcha Bliss Balls