RECIPE: Jessica Sepel’s Eggplant Bruschetta
Carb conscious? Try this delish veggie alternative!
In her latest healthy swap, Nutritionist Jessica Sepel replaces bread with oven roasted eggplants to create a low-carb, veggie-packed option. We know what we’ll be trying this weekend! See the full recipe below.
“This is my absolute go-to dish for entertaining or as
a delicious appetiser or starter.”
- 2 eggplants
- 500g tomatoes (I love to the heirloom variety)
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 bunch basil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 180°.
- Finely chop tomatoes and dice red onion then add to a bowl. Drizzle over balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
- Add 4-5 leaves of basil, chopped, then stir together. Set aside to marinate.
- Slice eggplant into thick rounds and place on a baking tray. Salt generously.
- Spoon 2 tbsp of tomato mixture on to each slice of eggplant.
- Add to oven and roast for 35-40 minutes, until well cooked.
- Top with extra fresh basil and enjoy!
www.jessicasepel.com | @jshealth
Are you going to the GoodnessMe Box Wholefood Markets in Sydney?
Jessica Sepel is one of the key speakers at this year’s GoodnessMe Box Wholefood Markets (8th and 9th November 2016) held at The Grounds of Alexandria – where she will joining other health experts and showcasing this recipe and more!
For further details on the event, and to purchase tickets, click here.